Hey everybody! I’ll be honest. I was GOING to post a DIY yesterday and be all cute, but then I realized one of the steps took 8 hours. I was *not* willing to watch my oven for 8 hours, so here are 5 new things going on in my life instead!
- I applied to 4 different scholarships in an attempt to get funding for the research Fransuave and I are doing in Tanzania this summer. If we get at least 2, our trip and research would be fully funded! We should be finding out about most of those mid-March, so fingers crossed!
- On Tuesday, I took the GRE. I learned I hate the GRE. And I think it hates me, too. I’m going to take it again in the fall, but for a first attempt I didn’t do terribly. I could apply to half of the graduate schools on my list with the score I got, but I want to have more options, thus, the second attempt this fall. Drats.
- I have officially decided to pursue Industrial/Organizational Psychology in graduate school! It’s a new field, so for those of you who don’t know, I/O Psychologists focus on improving the overall job satisfaction and job performance of employees at a particular organization. If they do their job right, in a few months, they aren’t needed anymore and move on to a different organization! I’m really excited about it because I get to work at an individual level with employees and I get to work at an organizational level, which will improve the work-life and wellbeing of all the members of the organization!
- I got a job! I now work at the Exploratory Center on the UGA campus. The Exploratory Center advises students who have either pre-professional majors or are undecided about their majors. I’m the desk assistant, so I check people into their appointments with advisors and answer general questions! To be honest, it’s a really easy job, which I’m grateful for, because it gives me time to do homework and catch up on studying.
- Fransuave and I are reaching our one year anniversary! Fransuave challenges me to be better every day and is so intentional with the ways he loves me. I have enjoyed every aspect of our relationship so far and have grown so much in who I am as an individual and as a girlfriend (we’re both psychology majors, so we’re all about communication). I’ll be posting a special little post as the date gets nearer, so be on the lookout for that!
I think that’s about it for now! I just want to say thank you for continuing to keep up with my life and my blog. It really means so much to me. This blog is just as much for me as it is for you, because I get so much out of writing out my thoughts and sharing my ideas with you all! I hope this is a space that you enjoy, too. I love you guys. Thank you.